Sunday, August 10, 2008

News Channels and News papers

Ok I do want to put this on here so everyone has the information. We all need to bug the news channels out there. I know that channel 19 was the only one that I saw that reported this. I know that they talked with Jennifers husband Jason Powers. I saved the link to the video, but it looks like they took it off there website.

Here is the reporters name and email address that talked with Jason.

Ellis Eskew
WHNT-TV/ NewsChannel 19
Reporter
(256) 682-1036
ellis.eskew@whnt.com

Also we need to get onto www.waff.com and start emailing them. With pressure they may step up to the plate and put something in the news.

Here is the news department at WAFF.

Stew Hirsch, News Director
Amanda Jarrett, Assignment Desk
Phone: (256) 533-6397
Fax: (256) 534-4101
e-mail: news@waff.com

We need to start writing letters to the editor for the Huntsville Times. Here is the information for Huntsville Times Publisher.

Bob Ludwig, Publisher bob.ludwig@htimes.com

We need to bug these people like there is no tomorrow.

Here is everything I can find about Jennifer Powers that has been in the paper or news.

From the Huntsville Times
29-year-old woman missing from Harvest
Posted by Staff reports July 24, 2008 2:51 PM
Categories: News

Madison County investigators are asking for the public's help in finding Jennifer Fay Powers, who has been missing since July 12.

Powers, 29, left her home in Harvest on July 12 and hasn't been seen or heard from since by family or friends, according to a news release from the sheriff's office.
She is described as a white female with red hair and brown eyes. She's about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs about 125 pounds.

If anyone has information on her whereabouts, please contact the Madison County Sheriff's Department of Investigator Chad Brooks at 256-533-8826.

News Channel 19 www.whnt.com


July 24, 2008
NewsChannel 19's Ellis Eskew reports:

It's been nearly 2 weeks since Jennifer Powers' husband, Jason, last saw her. And each day it gets tougher for the family.

"I just want to know she's okay now. Went from wanting her home to now I just want to know she's okay.. I got 3 kids in here I got to put to bed every night. You know, 'where's momma?' I just 'momma loves you. momma loves you. She just needs time to herself.' I don't know what else to say to them," said husband Jason Powers.

Jason says he thinks Jennifer got up in the middle of the night to go outside. But she never returned.

She even left her wallet and driver's license behind.

Now Jason's left to take care of their three children... Brittany, Katelyn, and Dylan. And he says they are doing surprisingly well under the circumstances.

"You know, I wake up and they are in there laughing... I'm barely able to get out of bed, you know.... But they're better than I thought."

But there is one thing he would like to let his wife know.

"That we love her...please call somebody... Just let us know she's okay. That's all we want to know."

If you have any information on Jennifer Powers, contact the MAdison CountySheriff's Department at (256) 722-7181.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I sent my emails out asking for Jennifer's name and photo to be put out there, where she will not be forgotten.

I quickly received a reply from Amanda Jarrett, telling me that she would be sharing my email request with her producers!!!

Let's keep it going folk!

Help find Jennifer Powers said...

I to have emailed Amanda at waff.com, along with Ellis Eskew at whnt.com. I will do what I can to see that we get a flyer so I can email it to everyone.